When your business expands, so do your security needs. Installing a home security system isn’t within the scope of most businesses. That’s why you need commercial property to expand your operations and safeguard your assets.
Installing a commercial doorbell camera is one way you can secure your building and keep it safe 24/7. This article provides practical information on how to install a doorbell camera on a commercial property.
What is a Commercial Doorbell Camera?
A commercial doorbell camera is a type of security camera that is designed to be mounted on your commercial property’s doorbell.
Why would you want a doorbell camera? There are several causes why you would want a doorbell camera.
First and foremost, it is a discreet and affordable way to improve your building’s security. A doorbell camera can detect any movement and trigger an alert on your phone, alerting you to potential threats or burglars. It is also simple to install compared to other security camera models. This article will provide you with essential information on installing a doorbell camera on a commercial property.
A doorbell camera system consists of a doorbell camera, a wireless network adapter, a doorbell button, and a DVR or record server. The doorbell camera can be equipped with different features such as night vision, motion detection, two-way audio, and a wide-angle lens. The wireless network adapter connects the doorbell camera to your wireless router. The camera, together with your wireless router, then creates a wireless network that other devices, such as your digital recorder, security cameras, or security system, can connect to.
You can also choose to opt for a cloud recording service. The wireless network adapter is wireless to facilitate mobility, and the doorbell button is wireless to transmit the alert signal when pressed.
Installing a doorbell camera is one of the easiest ways to improve your home security. But before you can install the camera, you need to install a smart home door sensor. These sensors are able to detect when someone is trying to break into your home, and will automatically alert you through your phone or another device.
Not only do these sensors protect you from burglars, but they also help keep your home more secure by providing regular updates on activity in and around your property. If you’re looking for a way to improve the security of your home without spending too much money, installing a smart home door sensor is the perfect solution.
Types of Commercial Doorbell Camera
- Analog – Analog doorbell cameras are still in use and have been found to have better image quality compared to other types of doorbell cameras. Analog doorbell cameras are still recommended to be installed indoors.
- IP – IP doorbell cameras are faster and more efficient compared to analog cameras. They are also more cost-effective and have better image quality compared to analog cameras. IP doorbell cameras can be installed indoors or outdoors. IP doorbell cameras are also recommended to be installed indoors.
- Hybrid – Hybrid doorbell cameras are a combination of analog and digital technology. This means that these cameras emulate analog image quality but utilize digital technology to transmit video. Hybrid doorbell cameras are best for outdoor installations as they provide clear images in all conditions.
- Full HD – Full HD doorbell cameras are the best option if you are looking for higher image quality. The contrast, color saturation, and sharpness of these doorbell cameras are superb. These doorbell cameras are also recommended for outdoor installations.
- WiFi – WiFi doorbell cameras are great if you want to stream live video to your mobile device. These cameras are great if you want to have remote surveillance of your property.
Which Type of Commercial Doorbell Should You Choose?
IP Doorbell Cameras are ideal for outdoor use. IP doorbell cameras are the best choice if you want to install a doorbell camera outdoors. They offer clearer images in all weather conditions.
Analog Doorbell Cameras are ideal for indoor use. These doorbell cameras are ideal for indoor use as they offer crisp images with less distortion compared to IP doorbell cameras.
Hybrid Doorbell Cameras are a good compromise between the two types of smart doorbell cameras. They offer clearer images in low light conditions and sharper images in bright light conditions. Hybrid doorbell cameras have the best image quality of all three types of doorbell cameras.
Installation Requirements for a Commercial Doorbell Camera
- Two-Way Audio – One of the main features of any doorbell camera is the ability to hear and speak through the camera to persons at the door. Two-way audio enables you to speak back and forth with the person at the door through the camera. This feature is ideal for preventing burglars from breaking into your premises. A doorbell camera with two-way audio is the best choice.
- Cloud Recording Service – Many doorbell camera systems have the option of transferring recorded video footage to a cloud service. A cloud recording service allows you to view and access recorded video footage from anywhere on any device. A subscription recording service is recommended so you can view recorded video footage for as long as you want.
- Outdoor or Indoor Installation – If you are installing a doorbell camera outdoors or indoors, you must determine if your camera should be outdoor or indoors. Both outdoor and indoor doorbell cameras offer the same functionality, but outdoor doorbell cameras are tough to install.
- Power Source – The doorbell camera must have enough power to transmit clear images. Most doorbell cameras have a rechargeable battery that can last up to three years.
- Doorbell Button – The doorbell button is the device that is used to transmit an alert when pressed. Generally, the doorbell button is mounted on the inside of the door.
- Lighting – The doorbell camera must have enough lighting to provide clear images. The doorbell camera must have a good lighting system so the person at the door can be easily seen.
Installation Steps for a Commercial Doorbell Camera
- Install Doorbell Camera – The doorbell camera must be installed indoors or outdoors. Make sure that the doorbell camera is securely mounted to the door and doorbell device so it cannot fall off or be moved. The best way to install a doorbell camera is by using a mounting bracket and a screw. You can mount the doorbell camera on the door jam or on the door itself.
- Connect Doorbell Camera to Network Router – The doorbell camera must be plugged into a network router so it can access the wireless network. You can use a cable with an Ethernet plug or a wireless network adapter.
- Install Door-to-TV Signal – The door-to-TV signal allows the doorbell camera to transmit video footage to a television. The door-to-TV signal is available for wireless doorbell cameras or cable doorbell cameras.
- Install Doorbell Button – If you are installing a wireless doorbell camera, you must install the doorbell button.
- Install DVR or RECorder – The doorbell camera must be connected to a record server or a digital video recorder. This allows the footage from the camera to be recorded. You can also store recorded video footage on a hard drive or an external hard drive.
- Test Doorbell Camera – You must test the doorbell camera to make sure it works properly. You can test the camera by pressing the button on the doorbell.
- Start Using Doorbell Camera – You can now start using your commercial doorbell camera.
Final Thoughts on Commercial Doorbell Cameras
Commercial doorbell cameras have come a long way in terms of quality, features, and affordability. You can now easily install a doorbell camera on your commercial property’s doorbell and have clear images of who is at the door. The doorbell camera should be installed indoors or outdoors, depending on your needs. It should also have good lighting so that the person at the door can be easily seen.